One week to performance ready vocals.
Whether your ambition is to sing at the Ryman or to sound more angelic in the shower, ROOTS Voice Camp can help you find your voice and own your style. Students will work individually and as part of an ensemble with mentors to learn powerful vocal warm-ups, new vocal techniques, and harmonization while preparing for a performance showcase that will bring the crowd to its feet!
|June 19-23||8+||9:00am-4:00pm||$399 - REGISTER|
|June 26-30||8+||9:00am-4:00pm||$399 - REGISTER|
During the week, students will learn:
- Genre Exploration: Students will explore several different genres during the week exposing them to multiple vocal styles and techniques unique to each genre.
- Auditioning Workshop: Having the right technique and etiquette for auditions is crucial to success as a vocalist. Our highly trained instructors will give you the tools you need to succeed in auditions through an interactive workshop.
- Private Instruction: All students will receive one-on-one time and attention from our highly-trained team of vocal mentors.
- Harmonizing/Blending and Arranging: Learn amongst other students how to harmonize and arrange parts of music to sound beautifully blended.
- Stage Presence: As any great performer knows, stage presence is a must for success as a vocalist. Students will be given tips and tricks on how to shine on stage.
- Breakout Sessions with Professional Nashville Vocalists
- Final Performance
…And much more!
Our mission is to empower creatives of all ages to reach their full potential through the study of music and dance.
What You Can Expect
ROOTS is a fun, engaging and safe place for students of all ages to learn the art of music and dance. We are a fine arts academy that’s designed to teach with excellence and committed to empowering our students to do their best.
The ROOTS Philosophy
ROOTS was created to give students of all ages a chance to explore what’s possible in the world of fine arts. Whether it’s music, dance or mommy & me classes, we build all of our programs around the same three foundations:
We believe every student possesses a unique gift of creativity. Our mentors tailor each experience to help students to foster, uncover and explore their creative and problem-solving potential.
Journalist and bestselling author Malcolm Gladwell popularized the idea that it takes roughly 10,000 hours of practice to achieve mastery in a field. At ROOTS, we are committed to instilling discipline in our students to achieve their highest potential.
We are committed to teaching our students to perform at their best. Whether that’s in a recital, concert or a performance event, our students will be coached on self-awareness, presentation and audience engagement.
This is our philosophy and our promise to you.
Don’t take our word for it…
“As a musician, what and how my children are taught is very important to me. But as a parent, the mentorship my children receive is what matters most. At ROOTS, we get both from a Godly perspective, and we are so thankful!”
—Krissy Nordhoff, Singer/Songwriter
“We love ROOTS! Our kids have taken lessons for years now and it’s amazing to see their musical roots really growing deeper! They can’t wait for their lessons and are super inspired by their mentors…makes learning music extra fun! ROOTS gives top quality instruction – a definite 5 stars!!!”
—Phil Joel, Singer/Songwriter
“ROOTS Academy has been one of the best decisions we’ve ever made for our kids. The staff is absolutely awesome to work with and they really know how to work with kids. We have our kids in drums, guitar and dance, and it’s a highlight of their week … If you’re looking for a safe, fun and uplifting place for your kids, you simply won’t find a better place than ROOTS. Period.” – BJ O’Neal
The ROOTS camp staff includes a dedicated group of vetted and experienced teachers. Most are year-round ROOTS mentors, but some have been hired specifically for their camp because of their expertise in the summer camp topic.
All lessons, classes, and camps are lead by instructors that we purposely call “mentors.”
We take the responsibility of training the next generation seriously.
Each mentor is trained and empowered to develop the student’s gifts and talents, but also to build trusted and reliable connections. We believe that if the students trust the environment and mentor, they will thrive and grow faster.
Voice Camp Benefits:
- Help build self-confidence and self-esteem
- Increase independence and leadership skills
- Foster friendships and social skills with opportunities to work in teams
- Provide a spirit of adventure and willingness to try new things
- Feature friendly, enthusiastic teachers who are background-checked and experts in their field
- Cover a concentrated exploration of the camp topic
- Include interactive activities that involve the body and mind and teaching approaches that work well for different learning styles
- Feature age-appropriate material
- Provide invaluable performance opportunities
Registration, Withdrawal, & Reimbursement Policy:
- Payment is due in full upon registration.
- All registration cancellations will be subject to a $25 fee, which will be deducted from your reimbursement.
- Cancellations made prior to 1 month before the camp start date are eligible for reimbursement in the original form of payment.
- Cancellations made within 1 month of the camp start date are eligible for reimbursement in the original form of payment, only if the spot can be filled by another student.