Early Bird Registration for ROOTS Summer Camps opens in February 2017. Be the first to hear which music & dance camps will be offered and get a private invitation to enroll before registration opens to the public.
Yes, I want to be the first to know about 2017 camps at ROOTS Academy:
Bring Music and Movement to Your Summer
An entire summer of learning, growth, high-energy entertainment and relationship-building awaits
Summer is a great time for students to be introduced to music, learn new skills, or grow in their craft. ROOTS Summer Camps center around music and dance instruction but offer many benefits that extend beyond the subject matter.
- Help build self-confidence and self-esteem
- Increase independence and leadership skills
- Foster friendships and social skills with opportunities to work in teams
- Provide a spirit of adventure and willingness to try new things
- Feature friendly, enthusiastic teachers who are background-checked and experts in their field
- Cover a concentrated exploration of the camp topic
- Include interactive activities that involve the body and mind and teaching approaches that work well for different learning styles
- Feature age-appropriate material
- Provide invaluable performance opportunities
Summer day camp themes are appropriate for campers of all grade ages. Larger camps will break students into age-appropriate groups.
The ROOTS camp staff includes a dedicated group of vetted and experienced teachers. Most are year-round ROOTS mentors, but some have been hired specifically for their camp because of their expertise in the summer camp topic.
Convenient location in the heart of Cool Springs, ROOTS is easily accessible on the corner of Mallory Station Rd. and Seaboard Lane, and now offering even more opportunities for students with our new Studio B location right off of Seaboard Lane!
Music and dance day camps for ages 4 and up and for all skill levels
Keep Your Student’s Mind & Body Engaged and Ready to Learn
Summer camps help prevent the dreaded “summer slump” by keeping your kids creatively and mentally engaged.
“Good summer programs with individualized instruction, parental involvement and small classes can keep children from falling behind and reduce the achievement gap,” according to The New York Times.
- Be “mentored” by our leaders, not just “taught.” Receive one-on-one attention that will help students in their area of study — or help stimulate them by engaging in an area of interest they haven’t explored yet.
- Gain experiences you’ll never receive in private lessons. Work collaboratively with other students, where synergistic learning and creativity can bloom, as well as build new friendships.
- Interact with professional and celebrity guests. These are opportunities that are not only exciting and fun, but plant seeds for future success.
Music Camps (ages 8-18):
- Offer opportunities to learn directly from your favorite ROOTS mentors, along with guest professional musicians and songwriters
- Boost confidence after just one week of intensive study, practice and performing in front of an audience
- Build on music lessons by teaching real-world skills of performance, songwriting, & production
Dance Camps (ages 4-18):
- Engage boys and girls with original workshops like the NEW Camp David for boys and sell-out favorites like Princess Dance Camp and Hip Hop Camp!
- Promote positive values, self-confidence, social skills and teamwork
- Increase stamina, improve technique, and build advanced choreography skills for dedicated dancers
Voted the #1 music instruction & top 3 dance studio in Williamson County for 2016 by Williamson Parent Magazine