April’s Student Spotlight is shining on Reilly Cate Ferguson. One of our favorite things about Reilly Cate is her love of performance – she once hosted a private recital for her family and friends, and she prepared a piano piece for the Steinway Piano Fun Contest. Her initiative and drive are two of her qualities that make her a great student. Her Piano Mentor, Leah Taylor, says that Reilly Cate is a “bright spot in her week”. We couldn’t agree more! Thanks for being awesome, Reilly Cate!
Reilly Cate, we are so excited to feature you as our student of the month! How does it make you feel?!
- I feel excited to be the student of the month!
What are your three favorite things to do in your free time?
- In my free time I like to do crafts, play with my friends, and play school.
You play the piano and the violin. Do you have a favorite? What do you like about each of them?
- Although I love both the piano and violin, piano is probably my favorite just because I have been playing it longer so I am better at it. I like the fun and fast songs for the violin!
What do you want to be when you grow up?
- I want to be either a preschool or elementary school teacher when I grow up.
How long have you taken music lessons?
- I have been taking piano since the beginning of first grade and violin since the beginning of 4th grade. I am in 5th grade right now.
Who is your role model and why?
- My role model is Britt Nicole because she writes great songs, and the stories behind some of her songs are very inspirational.
What is your favorite kind of music to listen to?
- I like to listen to Christian and pop music.
Tell us something that we don’t know about you.
- You probably don’t know that I can play part of a piano song backwards!