- Tuition is based on an annual total and divided up into convenient monthly payments. Monthly Billing date is determined by lesson start date.
- Note: Tuition is NOT pro-rated for absences, inclement weather days, holidays or other studio breaks.
|Lesson Length||Monthly Tuition|
- Tuition can be paid via credit card, debit card, or personal check.
- Checks can be made out to: ROOTS Academy
- We require a credit or debit card be kept on file and strongly encourage automatic payment by credit or debit card.
- After 10 days, a $15 late fee will be charged and enforced on all accounts past due. Late notices will be sent via email.
- Payments 20 days past due will result in lesson suspension.
- Payments 30 days past due will result in lesson termination and the date and time slot will be released for new students.
- We offer a 10% discount on the 3rd half hour or more of music lessons or classes taken. This applies to individual students as well as families with multiple students.
- The 10% discount applies only to the 3rd half hour and above. The first 60 minutes of lessons taken is charged at the full tuition rate.
- There are no refunds or prorating for holidays (see holiday schedule), inclement weather closures or missed lessons.
- Students should arrive promptly. We suggest that students arrive at least 5 minutes before class to prepare. If students arrive late, lessons cannot be extended to make up for lost time.
- Students should use the restroom before class/lessons. Students will not be given permission to leave class/lesson once it has begun.
- We encourage you to stress the importance of NOT MISSING LESSONS/CLASSES, unless there is an emergency or sickness. Regular and consistent attendance is important. We have found that students feel a lack of confidence in lessons/classes due to multiple absences.
Cancellations & Makeup Policy
If your student will be absent from a lesson or class, please call (615) 804-1177, ext 1 or email email@example.com so we can notify their mentor.
24-Hour Cancellation Policy
- In case a scheduled music lesson needs to be missed, the student or parent must notify the studio at least 24 hours in advance in order to be eligible for a make up lesson.
Late notifications (within 24 hours) and/or no-shows, for any reason, cannot be made up, nor will tuition be refunded.
- No student should attend lessons when sick (ie fever, nausea, vomiting, etc). ROOTS Academy reserves the right to dismiss a student from a scheduled lessons if the student arrives at that lesson exhibiting possible symptoms of illness. In this case, a makeup lesson will not be offered.
- Music students who have given 24 hour notice of their cancellation are allowed to schedule only one makeup lesson a month, regardless of how many lessons were missed.
- Make up lessons must be scheduled within the same month as the cancellation.
- Makeup lessons are not offered for holidays, standard breaks, or inclement weather cancellations. The only exception is if we have to cancel more than 3 of the same lesson or class due to inclement weather. If we reach a 4th occurrence or more, we will provide a make up.
- If the student’s mentor is unable to teach a lesson, we will provide an excellent substitute for the lesson. If a substitute cannot be secured, we will notify you, by email and/or phone to reschedule the lesson, regardless of the one-a-month policy.
- It is the student’s responsibility to schedule make up lessons for student-cancelled lessons.
- If you are eligible for a make up lesson, please stop by the front desk when you’re next in to schedule a time.
We understand that life happens, and you may need to pause your lessons for a variety of reasons, like a school play, basketball season, or sometimes even an extended illness or family hardship. We’d rather it be for the play or basketball! But whatever the reason, ROOTS has crafted a hold policy with you in mind. It allows you to put your lessons on hold rather than withdrawing completely.
- Private music lessons may be put on hold for either 30 or 60 days. (By the way, group music class/sessions are too short to put on hold, so those aren’t eligible.)
- To place a hold on your lessons, just submit your request using the Music Lesson Hold Form. That’s it!
Here’s what you need to know before submitting your request:
- We require at least 2 weeks’ notice before your next billing due date (if you’re not sure what that date is, just ask!) when you submit your request.
- Your hold period will begin on your next billing date.
- Students may remain on the schedule as usual through the remainder of their current billing cycle.
- At the start of the hold period, you will be charged tuition at 60% for the full 30 or 60 days.
- Tuition will automatically return to the full rate at the end of the hold period, and lessons will return to the usual weekly frequency.
- The hold includes the following benefits:
- Same day, time & mentor upon return
- Same tuition rate
- No re-registration fee
- Up to 2 lessons per 30 days during the hold. These lessons must be scheduled in advance. The standard makeup policy will apply.
Putting lessons on hold rather than withdrawing completely saves you time and money if your student plans to return within 60 days.
Withdrawing from Lessons & Classes
- ROOTS Withdrawal Policy
- Withdrawal from any lesson or class requires at least 2 weeks’ notice before your next billing due date (if you’re not sure what that date is, just ask!).
- To withdraw from your lessons, just submit your request using the Withdrawal Form.
- Withdrawal requests submitted up to 2 weeks before the next billing due date will incur no additional charges. Students remain on the schedule through the remainder of their billing cycle unless otherwise specified on the withdrawal form.
- Withdrawals received within 2 weeks of the billing due date will owe 25% of their next bill. Students may attend one additional class for that following billing period.
- Withdrawals received within 1 week of the billing due date will owe 50% of their next bill. Students may attend two additional lessons/classes for that following billing period.
- If a student chooses to re-enroll at any point after withdrawal, the current registration fee and tuition rates will apply.
- There is an option to put your music lessons on a 30 or 60 day hold instead of fully withdrawing. This will save your spot on the schedule with your mentor and lock in your current tuition rate. See our Music Lesson Hold Policy for details
Have questions that aren’t answered here? Click here to see some ROOTS Music FAQs.