Ask any of Rachel Chappell’s mentors here at ROOTS, and they will tell you just how dedicated and hard-working she is. We have loved being a part of Rachel’s dance journey over the past few years, and we look forward to watching her blossom as a violinist as well. Rachel is a joy to have as a ROOTS student, and we are honored to feature her as our February Student of the Month!
How long have you been dancing?
- I’ve been taking dance from Roots since I was 3.
You also just started violin lessons at ROOTS! What inspired you to start taking lessons?
- My big brother Hunter inspired me to take violin. He plays the guitar and just recently bought a violin and he let me try it out.
Music and Dance take up most of your time, I’m sure, but do you have any other hobbies that you enjoy doing?
- I also take gymnastics, and I love horseback riding.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
- I want to be a dance teacher when I grow up.
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life it would be macaroni and cheese.
What is your favorite style of dance?
- My favorite type of dance is Jazz.
7. Who is your role model and why?
- My role model is Maddie Ziegler because she is a great dancer.
8. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
- I like to listen to pop and country music.
9. What inspires you?
- Dancing inspires me. I do it everywhere I go.
10. Tell us something we don’t know about you.
- Something that you don’t know about me is that I love the snow, and I also love to swim.