For the month of December, we are proud to feature ROOTS Piano Student, Michael Issa. “Michael is extremely engaged and enthusiastic about his piano studies. I love that he has shown initiative in what he is learning by bringing ideas and asking questions,” says mentor Anna Yarbrough. Michael’s dedication and enthusiasm is encouraging to all of us here at ROOTS, and we had so much fun getting to know him a little better!
How long have you been playing the piano?
- I have been playing the piano for 15 months
What is your favorite style of music to play?
- I love to play all types of music!
What is your favorite food?
- My favorite food is pizza.
Do you have a favorite song to play?
- My favorite song to play on the piano is Fur Elise.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
- I want to be a scientist when I grow up.
What are your goals for piano this year?
- My goals for piano this year are to learn new techniques and new songs!
Do you have any other hobbies?
- I like to read and play Xbox!
What four words do you think most describe you?
- Funny, sociable, friendly and energetic.
What is your favorite place in the world?
- My favorite place in the world is my native country – Lebanon!
Who is your role model?
- My role model is my cousin Rany who is a professional guitar player.
Tell us something we don’t know about you.
- I am also a swimmer! I have been swimming with Excel Aquatics Swim Team for two years.