This month, we are thrilled to feature ROOTS Dance Student, Lily Arnold as our Student of the Month. Lily is passionate about her craft, dedicated to her team, and exploding with talent. We feel very blessed to have Lily as a part of our team, and we wanted to give you a chance to get to know her a little bit better!
How long have you been dancing?
- This is my 8th year dancing.
What is your favorite style of dance?
- A three-way tie between Ballet, Hip Hop and Lyrical. Ballet is graceful, Hip Hop is so fun, and Lyrical is so expressive.
What is your favorite food?
- Sushi. I could eat it every single day for dinner and I wouldn’t mind!
Do you have a favorite song to dance to?
- Prayer in C. I listen to it a lot when I’m stretching and it always makes me dance!
- A professional dancer in New York City.
What are your goals for dance this year?
- To learn correct technique. I also want to have fun and meet new friends!
Do you have any other hobbies?
- Reading. I love to read about adventures in fiction books the best.
What five words do you think most describe you?
- Funny, quick-witted, kind, sensitive, and creative. When you first meet me, I’m very shy. But then I open up quickly and find it easy to make new friends. My favorite thing to do is tell jokes and riddles, talk back and forth in movie quotes, and make my friends laugh.
- Wherever I’m able to dance. I love the feeling I get when dancing. I can express myself without talking and it makes me feel good about myself.
Who is your role model?
- My best friend, Ella. I look up to her because she always does the right thing, she’s funny, and very kind to everyone.