ROOTS is growing and we are looking for a fun, experienced and passionate individual to join our team part-time in the role of First Impressions Coordinator.
First Impressions Coordinator
Job Purpose: Serves students, parents and visitors by greeting, welcoming, and communicating with them appropriately and effectively. The purpose of this position is to present a first impression that is unique to the ROOTS culture and experience. This position also assists the admin team by providing our first tier of customer and office support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
While classes and lessons are in session, the ROOTS lobby is a busy place. During these high-traffic times, typically 4pm-7pm, the First Impressions Coordinator is responsible for:
- Welcoming guests and students with a smile and warm greeting as the first person they see when they walk into our buildings
- Ensuring that New & Trial Students are provided with an outstanding experience. This includes:
- Ensuring first-timer welcome procedures are followed
- Trial folders & Student binders are ready and distributed
- Mentors are introduced
- Families are followed up with about enrollment before leaving (trials)
- Thank you cards are completed by mentors and sent to families
- Overseeing guest and customer communication in the following ways:
- Primary phone contact for guests – Answering questions or redirecting calls to appropriate staff member or department
- Maintain continuity among staff by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, complaints, and continuing needs of customers and students in Infusionsoft.
- Distributing and receiving various forms and handouts
- Point person for students attending lessons/classes each day including cancellations and no-show follow-ups. This includes checking students in appropriately in our scheduling system.
- Studio appearance, maintenance and cleanliness/organization
- Keeping the lobby orderly throughout the day
- Keeping windows and doors clean for customer first impression
- Keeping front walk/rugs clean
- Daily opening and closing duties
- Assisting administrative team with studio responsibilities & database maintenance
- Problem solving: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyze information and develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional situations.
- Interpersonal skills: has the ability to solve conflict calmly and effectively; maintains confidentiality; listens without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; is open-minded to fresh ideas and trying new things
- Verbal communication skills: can speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and responds well to questions
- Teamwork: able to balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibits openness to others’ viewpoints and ideas; contributes to building a positive team; committed to supporting those around you — co-workers and customers
- Leadership: exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust
- Quality Control: looks for ways to improve and promote quality and a first class experience; demonstrates accurateness and thoroughness; follows all policies and procedures; applies feedback to continue to improve
- Ethics: treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity
- Professionalism: approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect; accepts responsibility for actions; follows through on commitments
- Organizational skills: is able to handle multiple tasks at once; exhibits promptness and thoroughness in delivering messages, tasks, and information; able to follow guidelines and directions
- Innovation: meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for experience improvements; able to develop new approaches and ideas for presentation
- Attendance at ROOTS events and activities
- Mandatory attendance at quarterly staff meetings
- Adhere to staff policies and uphold the integrity of the ROOTS culture
If this sounds like you, please email us a PDF of your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your answers to the following six questions within the body of your email:
- Do you meet all the qualifications we have listed?
- Do any of the duties we have described give you pause?
- Why are you the ideal candidate?
- Why are you interested in this job?
- Please describe any personal or professional experience you have had with faith-based organizations.
- Can you provide three references from former employers if requested to do so?