Can’t stop that feeling? ROOTS Hip Hop Camp has what you need to keep dancing all summer long.
|June 5-9||3rd-5th||2:00pm-5:00pm||$199 – REGISTER|
|July 10-14||K-2nd||2:00pm-5:00pm||$199 – REGISTER|
USA Today declared 2015 the year of hip hop — and for good reason. The music and dance style that gained popularity in the 80s has become mainstream. Thankfully, there are songs with good, clean messages that can help kids connect with each other and promote healthy lifestyles.
In this original day camp from ROOTS Academy, students will learn the basic movements of hip hop and learn to improvise and choreograph. The skills they’ll have a blast learning will help them on and off the dance floor as they gain confidence to conquer new challenges.
Taught in an open and non-competitive atmosphere, students will get a great workout while learning fun and upbeat moves to their favorite songs. No experience necessary!
- Learn valuable stretch and warm-up exercises
- Learn traditional Hip Hop, Break Dance, and Freestyle choreography
- Dance along to their favorite (clean) songs
- Learn to self-choreograph routines along with their friends
- Receive one-on-one attention from ROOTS mentors
- Create their very own Music Video
- Perform their routines for family and friends at the end of the week