Welcome to ROOTS Dance!
Our monthly email newsletter “FOOTNOTES” contains information regarding the month ahead. If you are a ROOTS Dance family and are not receiving the Footnotes, please click here.
Beginning August 1, 2016
- $33/month for a 30-minute class
- $50/month for a 45-minute class
- $65/month for a 60-minute class
- $124/month for 2 hours of dance
- +$22 for each additional hour after 2 hours/week
- Preschool Classes (45 minutes) are $50/month + registration fee
- Combo Classes (1 hour) are $65/month + registration fee
- Jazz II (1 hour) and Ballet II (1 hour) is $124/month + registration fee
- 10% discount on the 3rd sibling’s monthly tuition
- New Students: $35 per student due at enrollment; $70 family cap
- Returning Students:
- $35 per student due at enrollment; $70 family cap
PRIVATE DANCE LESSON RATES
Tuition is charged per student and is a fixed rate per hour. Students may choose to do a single 30-minute lesson or 60-minute lesson. Request a private lesson here.
- Starting at $30 for a 30-minute lesson
- Starting at $60 for a 60-minute lesson
TUITION FOR ADULT CLASSES
Adult classes operate on a class pass system. This allows for schedule flexibility. A pass will only be used if the student attends class. If the student does not attend the class, the pass will carry over to the next week. Passes expire at the end of each dance season.
- Drop-In Rate: $12
- 5-Class Pass = $50
- 10-Class Pass = $100
Tuition is charged per student and calculated by hours taken in one week.
- A registration fee is due at enrollment for each dance season. Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Payment is due on your child’s class start date. Tuition is due regardless of student absence. Missed classes are non-refundable.
- Tuition is billed monthly. Billing date is determined by student’s start date.
- Tuition can be paid via credit card, debit card, personal check or automatic bank draft.
- We require a credit card be kept on file and encourage payment by credit card.
- After 7 days, a $15 late fee will be charged and enforced on all accounts past due. Late notices will be sent via email.
- Payments 20 days past due will result in lesson suspension.
- Payments 30 days past due will result in lesson termination and the date and time slot will be released for new students.
- Checks can be made out to: ROOTS Academy
- Tuition is NOT pro-rated for absences, inclement weather days, holidays, or Recital Picture Week.
- We offer a 10% discount on 3rd sibling’s monthly tuition.
- Class apparel (leotard, tights, shoes, leggings, etc) is to be purchased by the student/family. Select materials are available for purchase through ROOTS.
- Students should arrive promptly. We suggest that students arrive 5 minutes before class to prepare. If students arrive late, class will be extended to make up for lost time.
- Students should use the restroom before class/lessons. Students will not be given permission to leave class/lesson once it has begun.
- We encourage you to stress the importance of NOT MISSING CLASSES, unless there is an emergency or sickness. Regular and consistent attendance is important. We have found that students feel a lack of confidence in classes due to multiple absences.
- The 2017 ROOTS Dance Recital will be on June 23-24, 2017 at Ingram Hall.
- The deadline to opt-out of recital is November 1 of each dance season.
- Students who enroll into a recital class in January may perform in recital dependent upon costume availability.
- All recital fees will be required. Extra fees may be required for costume delivery.
- Toddler Classes (age 2.5-3) do not participate in the main recital and will have an in-class performance during the last week of classes. No costume fee is required.
- Recital Participation requires 2 different payments: Costume Deposit and Performance Deposit.
- Costume Deposit will be due in full on December 1.
- If you choose to opt-out of recital after the Costume Deposit has been paid, your costume fee will not be refunded to you. The costume paid for will be yours to keep.
- Costume deposit includes the costume and hair accessory (if applicable). Students are required to provide their own tights and/or shoes according to our specifications including Hip Hop.
- Performance Deposit will be automatically charged on February 1.
- Performance Deposit is only refundable as ROOTS account credit until April 30, 2017.
- Each Performance Deposit includes 2 complimentary tickets to the student’s performance.
- Costume Deposit will be due in full on December 1.
|Class||Costume Deposit||Performance Deposit (only one deposit per dancer)|
|Toddler (Age 2)||NONE||$50/participant|
|Preschool I & II||$75 + tax||$100/participant|
|K-12th Levels/Combo||$80 + tax (per dance)||$100/participant|
|Hip Hop||$90 + tax||$100/participant|
- Recital Pictures will be taken during a week in the Spring during normal class times. Please see the monthly “Footnotes” for dates.
- If a student is not participating in recital, they do not need to attend Picture Week.
- There will be no dancing in classes during Picture Week. Tuition will not be prorated.
ABSENCES AND MAKEUP CLASSES
Please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org, if your child will be absent from a lesson or class, so we can notify their mentor.
- Makeups are permitted in a class of comparable length and level.
- Makeup classes are not offered for holidays, inclement weather cancellations and recital picture day.
- If the student’s mentor is unable to teach a class, we will provide an excellent substitute. If a substitute cannot be secured, we will notify you, by email and/or phone, and a makeup class will be given.
- It is the student/parent’s responsibility to schedule a makeup.
WITHDRAWING FROM CLASSES
- The dance season runs from August to June recital. Classes end after recital.
- Withdrawal from a class requires a 2-week written notice.
- A registration fee will be charged if student chooses to re-enroll and students will be subject to the fee schedule at the time of enrollment.
- Classes are paid in full within this time period.
- There will be no refunds or credits for unattended classes during this period. Registration fees will not be refunded.