Introducing Camp David: A biblically-based summer day camp for adventurous boys, ages 4-8.
Camp David Details
This summer, boys ages 4-8 are invited to embark on a five-day summer day camp adventure to learn what it means to become a boy after God’s own heart. Modeled after the character and attributes of the biblical King David, these warriors will learn five core truths that help them identify who they are in Christ. But the adventure doesn’t stop there. Over the course of the week they’ll also learn hip hop, martial arts, warrior-style drum cadences and new songs they’ll be singing for years to come. Summers don’t have to be boring any more. Sign up your young warrior today. Space is limited.
What the Warriors Will Learn:
Modeled after the character and attributes of the biblical King David, these warriors will learn five core truths that help them identify who they are in Christ.
Day 1: I am chosen — “For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.” Ephesians 1:4
Day 2: I am strong & courageous — “Be strong and courageous, don’t be afraid or discouraged, for God is always with you.” Joshua 1:9
Day 3: I am a servant leader — “But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.” 1 Samuel 12:24
Day 4: I am loved — “We love because he first loved us.” 1 John 4:19
Day 5: I am a brave warrior — “Be strong, and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight.” 2 Samuel 10:12
What the Warriors Will Do:
Over the course of the week, they’ll learn hip hop, martial arts, warrior-style drum cadences and new songs they’ll be singing for years to come.
At the end of the week, parents are invited to the end-of-the-week demonstration for a short performance and reception that will be sure to show off all the lessons and skills they’ve learned.
What You Can Expect
ROOTS is a fun, engaging and safe place for students of all ages to learn the art of bands. We are a performing arts academy that’s designed to teach with excellence and committed to empowering our students to do their best.
The ROOTS Philosophy
ROOTS was created to give students of all ages a chance to explore what’s possible in the world of performing arts. Whether it’s music lessons, dance classes or summer camps, we build all of our programs around the same three foundations:
We believe every student possesses a unique gift of creativity. Our mentors tailor each experience to help students to foster, uncover and explore their creative and problem-solving potential.
Journalist and bestselling author Malcolm Gladwell popularized the idea that it takes roughly 10,000 hours of practice to achieve mastery in a field. At ROOTS, we are committed to instilling discipline in our students to achieve their highest potential.
We are committed to teaching our students to perform at their best. Whether that’s in a recital, concert or a performance event, our students will be coached on self-awareness, presentation and audience engagement.
This is our philosophy and our promise to you.
The ROOTS camp staff includes a dedicated group of vetted and experienced teachers. Most are year-round ROOTS mentors, but some have been hired specifically for their camp because of their expertise in the summer camp topic.
All lessons, classes, and camps are lead by instructors that we purposely call “mentors.”
We take the responsibility of training the next generation seriously.
Each mentor is trained and empowered to develop the student’s gifts and talents, but also to build trusted and reliable connections. We believe that if the students trust the environment and mentor, they will thrive and grow faster.
Camp David Benefits:
- Help build self-confidence and self-esteem
- Increase independence and leadership skills
- Foster friendships and social skills with opportunities to work in teams
- Provide a spirit of adventure and willingness to try new things
- Feature friendly, enthusiastic teachers who are background-checked and experts in their field
- Cover a concentrated exploration of the camp topic
- Include interactive activities that involve the body and mind and teaching approaches that work well for different learning styles
- Feature age-appropriate material
- Provide invaluable performance opportunities
We’re happy to announce that we’re introducing a new 3-month payment plan option this year for all ROOTS Summer Camps.
Payment Plan Details:
- When you enroll in camp, you have the option of splitting your payments into thirds, spaced one month apart. (ex: Register for camp on 4/10 pay $115; pay next installment of $115 on 5/10; pay final installment of $115 on 6/10)
- You do not have to complete full payments by the start of camp. (ex. If you register 5/4 for a June camp, your final payment is not due until 7/4)
- Pay in full and save 15%. (If you’d like to save the extra fees on the payment plan, pay full price today and save 15%)
Registration, Withdrawal, & Reimbursement Policy:
- Payment is due either in full or in the first installment of a payment plan upon registration.
- All registration cancellations will be subject to a $25 fee, which will be deducted from your reimbursement.
- Cancellations made prior to 1 month before the camp start date are eligible for reimbursement in the original form of payment.
- Cancellations made within 1 month of the camp start date are eligible for reimbursement in the original form of payment, only if the spot can be filled by another student.