ROOTS Academy is a performing arts training studio in Franklin, TN and worldwide via online lessons.
Our mission is to empower creatives of all ages to reach their full potential through the study of music and dance.
What We Offer
- Private Music Lessons (one-time, 30 minute Free Trial lesson available to new students!)
- Online Private Music Lessons
- Music Showcases – December & May Annually
- Dance Classes (Toddler – Adult)
- Spring Dance Recitals
- Music & Dance Summer Camps
- ROOTS at The Well – Student performance nights
- Convenient location in the heart of Cool Springs
Where We Are Located
Convenient location in the heart of Cool Springs, ROOTS is easily accessible on the corner of Mallory Station Rd. and Seaboard Lane.
What You Can Expect
ROOTS is a fun, engaging and safe place for students of all ages to learn the art of music and dance. We are a performing arts academy that’s designed to teach with excellence and committed to empowering our students to do their best.
The ROOTS Philosophy
ROOTS was created to give students of all ages a chance to explore what’s possible in the world of performing arts. Whether it’s music lessons, dance classes, or summer camps, we build all of our programs around the same three foundations:
We believe every student possesses a unique gift of creativity. Our mentors tailor each experience to help students to foster, uncover and explore their creative and problem-solving potential.
Journalist and bestselling author Malcolm Gladwell popularized the idea that it takes roughly 10,000 hours of practice to achieve mastery in a field. At ROOTS, we are committed to instilling discipline in our students to achieve their highest potential.
We are committed to teaching our students to perform at their best. Whether that’s in a recital, concert or a performance event, our students will be coached on self-awareness, presentation and audience engagement.
This is our philosophy and our promise to you.
I love knowing that my children are receiving excellent musical instruction from quality mentors… —Jeremy Camp, Parent & Grammy-Nominated CCM Artist
About our Mentors, a.k.a. Teachers
Every lesson and class are lead by instructors that we purposely call “mentors.”
We take the responsibility of training the next generation seriously.
Each mentor is trained and empowered to develop the student’s gifts and talents, but also to build trusted and reliable connections. We believe that if the students trust the environment and mentor, they will thrive and grow faster.
About Our Students
Our student base is diverse. In it, you’ll find:
- Over 600 students during the school year (all programs)
- Students from 24 months to 70+ years old
- Students from different backgrounds, nationalities, and experiences
- All are welcome
ROOTS Academy was established in 2008 by singer/songwriter Nate Sallie, originally as The School of Worship. The student base grew quickly, forcing him to move to a new location near downtown Franklin, TN. About a year later, he hit capacity again and relocated to our current location in the heart of the growing Cool Springs area, also in Franklin, TN. The location propelled the student population to nearly 200 students as word got out about the unique teaching/mentoring environment that Nate was implementing.
- August: Nate and his wife, Sarah, sold the business to Kyle & Kristy Chowning, who are the current owners.
- January: Name was changed to ROOTS Academy
- January: Launched ROOTS Dance Academy
- February: Revamped and relaunched our Band program
- June: Launched Summer Camps
- September: Launched mommy & me program called “Wee Praise”
- October: Launched Improv Program
- March: Hosted our first “ROOTS at Frothy” performance night
- September: Launched online music lessons
- February: Launched the Thompson Station location.
- January: Launched Early Beginners Music Program
- August: Opened “Studio B” location
- October: Hosted our first “ROOTS at The Well” student performance night
Did you know that we offer and one-time FREE Trial Music lesson? Click here to schedule yours today!
The ROOTS Guarantee
We are so confident that you’re going to love your experience at ROOTS that we guarantee your satisfaction for the first 30 days (4 classes or lessons), or your money back.*
The Guarantee “Fine Print”
- Student is required to attend all four weeks of lessons/classes
- Parent/student must notify the front office regarding their dissatisfaction by the third lesson; giving us an opportunity to improve your learning experience.